Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Benched for the Season.

Moving into a new apartment for me is exciting, liberating, and kinda a little bit intimidating. I haven't moved in seven years and for the first time ever I really have a chance to decorate a living space the way I want to decorate it (as long as the boyfriend likes it too of course - we're so lucky we have the same tastes!).
There is an entryway to our apartment that will be perfect for coats and shoes and boots and umbrellas. I want to put a bench underneath a wall-hanging coat rack. The problem is, I've never really looked into benches before and it seems they are a whole lot more expensive than I could have anticipated. In any case, I may just end up building my own (thank you electric drill!) but I ran across a few that seemed like a design I would like to follow. This was one I liked a lot from MASH Studios that was on the medium expensive side (I saw ones up to $4,000... it's just a bench for chrissake!).
In any case, making one doesn't seem so difficult, after all, it's just a top and two wide legs right?

-XO

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the apartment! Is it going to be just you and the boyfriend?

    A bit more on topic, that is an awesome bench. The wood is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete